Week of April 21, 1914
• Crystal Theatre re-opens for the summer season.
• C. F. Coleman advertises choice building lot on Hurd Avenue measuring 35 x166 for sale at $450.
• Mass appeal goes out to residents to paint and fix up their property, and to rake rubbish into a pile to burn it – “making sure you don’t burn your house down.”
• Chu Bros. set up a laundry business in a garage located on Brant Street.
• Over-crowding is reported in the kindergarten room forcing the teacher to arrange different hours for the various classes.
Week of April 21, 1964
• Construction of the clubhouse for the Tyandaga Golf and Country Club is now under way.
• Politicians move to ban truck traffic from Beach Boulevard.
• T. Eaton Company expresses interest in joining with Dominion Store and Robinson’s as key tenants of a major new shopping centre on Guelph Line.
Week of April 14, 1914
• H. E. Walker, commanding officer of the 20th Regiment Halton Rifles, announces that “E” company would commence drilling at the Burlington drill hall that week.
• Burlington boy’s band now preparing for their annual concert, which will be held at the Crystal Theatre.
• The Grand Trunk International Limited delayed coming into Burlington by a fire which started in the roof above the kitchen stove in the dining car, but armed with axes and water pails, the crew managed to get the flames under control.
• Dr. T. Peart elected president as a new baseball club is organized in Burlington with suitable grounds to be established on the J. C. and M C. Smith property.
• The Pine Cove baseball club hears that work is progressing on the erection of grand sand for the Pine Cove grounds.
• Lakeside Dairy announces that they now have a phone installed, with customers urged to phone 340 for delivery.
• Post office rescinds order that letters containing currency up to $1 be diverted to the dead letter office.
Week of April 14, 1964
• Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital is asked to help train nurses through a program in conjunction with the Hamilton and District School of Nursing.
• Large addition that will include a greenhouse planned for Nelson High School.
• Majority of Burlington merchants petition for uniform store hours.
Week of April 7, 1914
• Burlington resident, Mrs. Elizabeth Lowe, displays a copy of a deed dated Feb. 14, 1798, granting to Capt. Joseph Brant, 3450 acres in what is now Burlington.
• Crystal Theatre scheduled to reopen on April 24th for the summer season.
• Burlington’s tap water tested from three areas of the village and found to be perfectly pure.
Week of April 7, 1964
• $30,000,000 Pineland Estates development passes first hurtle; plan to include shopping centre, two schools and 2,050 housing units.
• Hospital administrator William O’Neill says major expansion will be needed by 1970.
• Burlington’s Donna Lancaster, an employee of the food store at Brant Street and Mount Forest Drive, is named queen of the supermarket checkers-cashiers for Canada.
• Official opening for Tyandaga Golf Club now scheduled for June 13.