Week of April 7, 1914
• Burlington resident, Mrs. Elizabeth Lowe, displays a copy of a deed dated Feb. 14, 1798, granting to Capt. Joseph Brant, 3450 acres in what is now Burlington.
• Crystal Theatre scheduled to reopen on April 24th for the summer season.
• Burlington’s tap water tested from three areas of the village and found to be perfectly pure.
Week of April 7, 1964
• $30,000,000 Pineland Estates development passes first hurtle; plan to include shopping centre, two schools and 2,050 housing units.
• Hospital administrator William O’Neill says major expansion will be needed by 1970.
• Burlington’s Donna Lancaster, an employee of the food store at Brant Street and Mount Forest Drive, is named queen of the supermarket checkers-cashiers for Canada.
• Official opening for Tyandaga Golf Club now scheduled for June 13.