Week of April 14, 1914
• H. E. Walker, commanding officer of the 20th Regiment Halton Rifles, announces that “E” company would commence drilling at the Burlington drill hall that week.
• Burlington boy’s band now preparing for their annual concert, which will be held at the Crystal Theatre.
• The Grand Trunk International Limited delayed coming into Burlington by a fire which started in the roof above the kitchen stove in the dining car, but armed with axes and water pails, the crew managed to get the flames under control.
• Dr. T. Peart elected president as a new baseball club is organized in Burlington with suitable grounds to be established on the J. C. and M C. Smith property.
• The Pine Cove baseball club hears that work is progressing on the erection of grand sand for the Pine Cove grounds.
• Lakeside Dairy announces that they now have a phone installed, with customers urged to phone 340 for delivery.
• Post office rescinds order that letters containing currency up to $1 be diverted to the dead letter office.
Week of April 14, 1964
• Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital is asked to help train nurses through a program in conjunction with the Hamilton and District School of Nursing.
• Large addition that will include a greenhouse planned for Nelson High School.
• Majority of Burlington merchants petition for uniform store hours.