Week of May 5, 1914
• Council seeks report on the feasibility of an electric road passing through Burlington from Hamilton to Toronto.
• Fifth annual concert of the Burlington Band scheduled for Crystal Palace Theatre, with added attractions including a comedian and a whistling entertainer.
• Dr. T. W. Peart buys Ford runabout from E. T. Emerson, the local agent.
• Emerson brothers preparing to open ice cream parlor again this year, noting that business has been rapidly increasing.
Week of May 5, 1964
• Wellington Square development stalled as OMB considers application for 100 per cent lot coverage.
• Mac Sprowl appointed deputy sheriff for Halton County.
• Town Council agrees to acquire Kraft’s Lane, with costs to be assessed on residents abutting the lane.
• National Trust opens newest branch, located in a circular building on Brant Street.
• Council approves regulating store closing hours and days by a 11-1 vote.