• Warmer weather causes concern for the harvesting of ice, as the bay is now only six inches thick.
• New schedule for Hamilton Radial Electric Railway shows hourly service between Oakville and Burlington, and Burlington and Hamilton from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• Work delayed on the Elgin Street arena after workers run out of iron sheeting.
• Greenwood Cemetery Company approves expenditure of $400 for the building of a new road to the cemetery.
Week of Feb. 3, 1964
• Plans to fill in the area behind the breakwater at Spencer Park announced.
• Burlington to sign agreement with the CNR for automatic signal protection for the King’s Road crossing.
• Canadian Heritage Furniture to move to Burlington after fire destroys East Flamboro plant.
• Parks and Recreation Commission propose an addition to Lowville Park that would be suitable for establishing a junior ski tow and a day camp.