• William Fisher buys 25 lots in Bell’s survey near the Brant House, telling the Gazette he has great confidence in the future of Burlington.
• Ice is flooded in preparation for the formal opening of the Elgon Street arena.
• Sharp drop in temperature chases away all fear of an ice famine as the ice on the bay is now 12 inches thick.
• Just days after the Coates & Son planning mill was destroyed by fire, workers have cleared the site and plans under way to rebuild the plant.
Week of Feb. 10, 1964
• Two large apartment developments – one at Marley and Francis Road, and the second at 2256 Lakeshore Road – discussed at building and planning committee.
• Parks board wants to convert Virtue property at 1464 Lakeshore Road into a park as long as they don’t have to pay for it.