Week of March 2, 1914
• Area apple growers meet at the Strathcona Hall to consider a central apple packing association.
• Tenders called for the erection of a school near Walker’s Crossing in S.S. No. 15, Township of Nelson.
• The Nelson & Burlington Historical Society officially constituted.
Week of March 2, 1964
• Planning department approves zoning of the Fisher Farm to permit a regional shopping centre on Guelph Line.
• George Johnson, who repaired toys as Christmas gifts for 20 years, named Burlington’s Citizen of the Year.
• Effort under way to organize Business and Professional Women’s Club in Burlington.
• Brochures explaining the development of a Burlington Family YMCA to be distributed to 20,000 school children to pass along to their parents.