Week of March 9, 1914
• Crystal Theatre closed down as work continues to increase capacity to 500 patrons.
• Application made to transfer license for the Raymond Hotel from H. E. Oakes to Geo. Chipperfield.
• J. W. Elliott appointed judge for the County of Halton.
• A. Coates & Sons establish temporary location for sewn and dressed lumber after fire destroys planing mill.
• Chas. Miller announces plans for new dairy and hopes to have wagons on the route soon.
• Dr. C. R. Roberts of Buffalo rents Tufgar barn on Water Street to practice veterinary medicine and dentistry.
• School on Plains Road closed after outbreak of diphtheria strikes nine of 25 pupils.
Week of March 9, 1964
• Joseph Brant Hospital lays out plans for $1 million wing to be added by 1968.
• Burlington Mohawks capture Niagara District Junior B Championship downing Stamford four games one.
• Gordon Goodrow resigns from council just three months after being elected after his firm transfers him to Windsor.