Week of March 16, 1914
• The Gazette learns that a new contract has been awarded for the completion of the revetment wall on the lake front; work to commence as soon as the water in the lake recedes.
• Just days after announcing the opening of his new dairy, Chas. Miller tells The Gazette it will be known as the Lakeside Dairy.
• W. D. Flatt named president as football club organized; games to be played at the Pine Cove grounds.
• Pine Cove Baseball Club re-organized with W. D. Flatt as president; announces that a pavilion would be erected on the grounds for the coming season.
• Hamilton police arrest John Lougheed of Port Nelson on a charge of non-support and desertion preferred by his wife.
• John Connell purchases property from W. C. Kerns at the corner of James and John streets to build an up-to-date blacksmith and wagon shop.
Week of March 16, 1964
• Interim board elected as residents approve establishment of a family YMCA in Burlington.
• Huge crowd lines the street as Green’s Department store opens on Brant Street.
• Work of Burlington’s new town hall now only slightly behind schedule, delay as a result of an appeal after project approved by OMB.
• Virtue Motors on Lakeshore Road undergoes vast changes with a name change to Brant Chrysler and the demolition of two houses on Locust for a used car lot.