Week of April 28, 1914
• Reeve Smith receives letter from Ottawa approving construction of a revetment wall that will be 150 feet from the shore, with opening left to allow small craft to enter.
• Chas Miller, proprietor of the Lakeside Dairy, strikes a deal with Burlington Dairy to purchase their routes, rigs, and horses effective May 1.
• Patrons pleased with the new look Crystal Palace Theatre with the interior having been re-decorated, the seats re-arranged while other improvements are centred on the quality of the picture.
• W. D. Flatt seeks to have gas lines extended from the canal piers into Burlington.
• Dr. W. A. Bodkin, house surgeon at the Hamilton City Hospital, assumes the medical practice of Dr. W. R. Watson
Week of April 28, 1964
• Burlington makes bid to have a representative on the Hamilton Harbour Commission.
• Mass transit survey to include questions about experimental railway commuter service between Burlington and Ajax.
• Eaton’s to submit own case regarding inclusion in regional shopping centre.